The basic studies program is considered as the first stage to obtain a Jordanian Certificate of Competency (COC), according to the requirements of the Jordan Maritime Commission (JMC) and the International convention “STCW 1978” and its amendments in Manila 2010.
This Program consists of 84 credit hours (18 credit hours may be added for special cases as per admission requirements and GCE grade).
During this program, students will study a various number of educational courses according to the models approved by the International Maritime Organization “IMO” (IMO Model courses), so that these courses are based on the English language for all references, and the combination of Arabic and English in the explanation to ensure understanding and the delivery of information with commitment to the required amount of knowledge and quality.
This program aims to reach a final outcome of learners who have theoretical knowledge with some practical application in accordance with the requirements of the International Treaty of STCW and according to the models approved by the International Maritime Organization.
• General Secondary Certificate or equivalent (transcript of marks) certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Jordanian Embassy in the country in which the certificate was issued, in addition to the attestation/equivalency of the certificate at the Jordanian Ministry of Education – Amman.
• A certified copy of the birth certificate.
• A certified copy of the civil status ID/passport.
• (2) Recent personal photos (size 4 * 6).
• Medical fitness report according to the form approved by the Academy.
• General Secondary Certificate or equivalent graduates.
• Apply for the mentioned program through Admission Portal (http://online.jams.edu.jo/web_online_login.php?type=u)
• Follow the admission steps as needed and linked email.
• JAMS admission and Registration department will review the submitted documents.
• Once accepting the application, you will receive an acceptance email including student details such as; Academic number, platform username, and password, students portal username, and password.
• Enter the platform and attend lectures as well as other activities.
• Passing the Marlins English exam with at least 60% is a prerequisite for graduation from studies. The exam results are valid for 24 months.
• Other rules as per students guide and academic handbook as announced at JAMS website – Admission and Registration page.
• Any Device that can be connected to the internet, such as Desktop, laptop, smartphone, tab, …
• Stable internet connection (4G or fiber link is preferred).
• Follow JAMS E-Platform and/ or O-JAMS Platform as well as Students Portal.
• Accommodation is optional at JAMS apartments in a single room or double room.
• Fees can be settled by bank transfer, eFAWATEERcom service, direct cash payment, any other approved payment method as per JAMS finance department requirements.
• All fees are due and payable once the technical and financial offer (email) is approved/ accepted and before the start date of the program.
• Program fees shall be paid before the set date.
• All payments and fees are nonrefundable.
JAMS Hard Copy Certificate