STCW 1978 as amended in Manilla 2010, II/2 (Chief Mate).
The standards of competence that have to be met by seafarers are defined in part A of the STCW Code in Standards of Training, Certification and Watch Keeping for Seafarers Convention, as amended in 2010 (Manila).
This course covers the minimum standard of competence for master and chief mates on ships of 3000 GRT or more, as per STCW Sec. A.II /2. It sets out the education and training to achieve the following functions, Guided by IMO model course No. 7.01:
• Function 1: Navigation at the training management level.
• Function 2: Cargo handling and stowage at the management level.
Function 3: Controlling the operation of the ship and care for the persons on board at the management level.
• Candidates should hold a General Secondary School Certificate (scientific, literary, industrial, I.T.) must be endorsed by Jordan Embassy of your country & Ministry of Education at Jordan.
• Certificate of Competency (Officer in Charge of Navigation Watch as per STCW II/1 “2nd Mate” issued by a State on the White List of the International Maritime Organization and approved by the Jordanian Maritime Commission).
• Certificate of sea service from the company / vessel (a minimum of 12 months sea service) on ships of 3000 GT or more, after obtaining the Officer in Charge of Navigation Watch as per STCW II/1 “2nd Mate”.
• Copy of seaman book / seaman passport (showing the required maritime service).
• Copy of passport with statement of movements (stamps).
Officer in Charge of Navigation Watch as per STCW II/1 “2nd Mate”.
Use the course registration button through the admission portal fill in the required fields and follow up your inquiry.
Accommodation is optional in JAMS hostel in single room and double room.
Passing the Marlins English exam with at least 60% is a prerequisite for graduation from studies. The exam results are valid for 24 months.
As for general courses fees will be refunded in case of withdrawal before the set date of the course, but in the case of custom-built courses, fees are refundable if cancellation is notified one week before the set date. Otherwise, agreed-upon fees will be chargeable.
JAMS Hard Copy Certificate,
Certificate of Competency COC