STCW 1978 as amended in Manilla 2010, II/2 (Chief Mate).
The standards of competence that have to be met by seafarers are defined in part A of the STCW Code in Standards of Training, Certification and Watch Keeping for Seafarers Convention, as amended in 2010 (Manila).
This course covers the minimum standard of competence for master and chief mates on ships of 3000 GRT or more, as per STCW Sec. A.II /2. It sets out the education and training to achieve the following functions, Guided by IMO model course No. 7.01:
• Function 1: Navigation at the training management level.
• Function 2: Cargo handling and stowage at the management level.
Function 3: Controlling the operation of the ship and care for the persons on board at the management level.
• Candidates should hold a General Secondary School Certificate (scientific, literary, industrial, I.T.) must be endorsed by the Jordanian Embassy of your country stamp; Ministry of Education at Jordan.
• Certificate of Competency (Officer in Charge of Navigation Watch as per STCW II/1 “2nd Mate” issued by a State on the White List of the International Maritime Organization and approved by the Jordanian Maritime Commission).
• Certificate of sea service from the company/ vessel (a minimum of 12 months sea service) on ships of 3000 GT or more, after obtaining the Officer in Charge of Navigation Watch as per STCW II/1 “2nd Mate”.
• Copy of seaman book/ seaman passport (showing the required maritime service).
• Copy of passport with a statement of movements (stamps).
Personnel who holds Officer in Charge of Navigation Watch as per STCW II/1 “2nd Mate” COC issued from IMO white-listed country and approved by JMC
• Apply for the mentioned program through Admission Portal (http://online.jams.edu.jo/web_online_login.php?type=b)
• Follow the admission steps as needed and linked email.
• JAMS admission and Registration department will review the submitted documents.
• Once accepting the application, you will receive an acceptance email including student details such as; Academic number, platform username, and password, students portal username, and password.
• Enter the platform and attend lectures as well as other activities.
• Passing the Marlins English exam with at least 60% is a prerequisite for graduation from studies. The exam results are valid for 24 months.
• Any Device that can be connected to the internet, such as Desktop, laptop, smartphone, tab, …
• Stable internet connection (4G or fiber link is preferred).
• Follow JAMS E-Platform and/ or O-JAMS Platform as well as Students Portal.
• Accommodation is optional at JAMS apartment in a single room or double room.
• Fees can be settled by bank transfer, eFAWATEERcom service, direct cash payment, any other approved payment method as per JAMS finance department requirements.
• All fees are due and payable once the technical and financial offer (email) is approved/ accepted and before the start date of the program.
• Program fees shall be paid before the set date.
• All payments and fees are nonrefundable.
Name: Mr. Anas Quttaineh
Position: Head of Admission & Registration Department
JAMS Hard Copy Certificate,
Certificate of Competency COC