STCW 1978 as amended in Manilla 2010, III/2 (Second Engineer).
The standards that have to be met by seafarers at this level (Management) are defined in Part A of the STCW Code, in the Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping, for Seafarers Convention, as amended in 2010 (Manila).
This course covers the minimum standard of competence for Second Engineer Officers on ships powered by main propulsion machinery of 3000 KW propulsion power or more, as Per STCW Sec. A.III /2.
It sets out the education and training to achieve the following functions at the management level as detailed in the IMO model course No.7 .02.
• Marine engineering
• Electrical, electronic and repair
• Maintenance and Repair
• Controlling the operation of the ship and care for the persons on board
• Candidates should hold a General Secondary School Certificate (scientific, literary, industrial, I.T.) must be endorsed by Jordan Embassy of your country & Ministry of Education at Jordan.
• Certificate of Competency (Officer in Charge of Engineering Watch as per STCW III/1“Third Engineer” issued by a State on the White List of the International Maritime Organization and approved by the Jordanian Maritime Commission).
• Certificate of sea service from the company / vessel (a minimum of 12 months sea service) on ships of 3000 KW or more, after obtaining the Officer in Charge of Engineering Watch as per STCW III/1“Third Engineer”.
• Copy of seaman book / seaman passport (showing the required maritime service).
• Copy of passport with statement of movements (stamps).
– Third Engineer Student
Use the course registration button through the admission portal fill in the required fields and follow up your inquiry.
Accommodation is optional in JAMS hostel in single room and double room.
Passing the Marlins English exam with at least 60% is a prerequisite for graduation from studies. The exam results are valid for 24 months.
Name: Mr. Anas Quttaineh
Position: Head of Admission & Registration Department
Certificate of Competency COC