STCW 1978 as amended in Manilla 2010, II/1 (Officer in Charge of Navigation Watch “2nd Mate”).
The standards of competence that have to be met by seafarers are defined in part A of the STCW Code in Standards of Training, Certification and Watch Keeping for Seafarers Convention, as amended in 2010 (Manila).
This course covers the minimum standard of competence for officer in charge of a navigational watch on ships of 500 gross tonnage or more, as per STCW Sec. A.II /I.
It sets out the education and training to achieve the following functions, guided by IMO model course No. 7.03:
• Function 1: Navigation at the operation level
• Function 2: Cargo handling and stowage at the operational level
• Function 3: Controlling the operation of the ship and care for persons on board at the operational level.
• Candidates should hold a General Secondary School Certificate (scientific, literary, industrial, I.T.) must be endorsed by Jordan Embassy of your country & Ministry of Education at Jordan.
• Have a minimum of 30 months sea service as deck rating on ships of 500 GRT or more after hold the general secondary certificate
• Must attend a four months training course at JAMS (part A).
• Completing guided sea training for a period of six months. (Certificate of sea service from the company / vessel (a minimum of 6 months sea service) on ships of 500GT or more, after obtaining the (Officer in Charge of Navigation Watch- part A)).
• Copy of seaman book / seaman passport (showing the required maritime service).
• Copy of passport with statement of movements (stamps).
• training record book.
• Must attend the Officer in Charge of Navigation Watch (2nd mate) at JAMS for a period of six months.
Basic Studies Student
Use the course registration button through the admission portal fill in the required fields and follow up your inquiry.
Accommodation is optional in JAMS hostel in single room and double room.
Passing the Marlins English exam with at least 60% is a prerequisite for graduation from studies. The exam results are valid for 24 months.
As for general courses fees will be refunded in case of withdrawal before the set date of the course, but in the case of custom-built courses, fees are refundable if cancellation is notified one week before the set date. Otherwise, agreed-upon fees will be chargeable.
Name: Mr. Anas Quttaineh
Position: Head of Admission & Registration Department