Bashar Mohammad Massad
M.Sc. in Sustainable Maritime Operation (SMO), University of Plymouth,2021, United Kingdom.
B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering, University of Engineering and Technology, 2011, Lahore, Pakistan.
Member of the Jordan Engineers Association.
Head of Marine Electrical Engineering Department From 01/11/2021 to date.
Engineering Simulators Supervisor From 01/12/2021.
Engineering Works Supervisor From 01/02/2020 to 30/11/2021.
Lecturer of each of the Electrical Engineering Fundamental, Instrumentation and Measurements subjects, Electrical Machines, and many other subjects in the field of electrical and control engineering. Moreover, a supervisor of the High Voltage Simulator, Engineering Workshop, and Electric Machine Lab. Furthermore, a trainer for the High Voltage (HV) training course, Electro-Technical Officer (ETO) training course, and Electro-Technical Rating (ETR) training course, in addition to many courses related to electrical engineering.
Started work in 2011 onboard vessels under the title ETO until 2015, then worked as an electrical project engineer in a construction company until the end of 2016 and last but not least worked as sales and consulting engineer in HVAC systems until 2017 and currently in JAMS
Marine Chief Engineer Certificate of Competency, 1995, Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport (AASTMT), Egypt, MJEA, AEE.
Lecturer and Trainer for Scientific and Engineering Subjects, Occupational Safety Fields, and Marine Training Courses.
Member of the American Energy Engineers Association.
Member of the Jordanian Engineers Association.
Specialized in Equipping Engineering Workshops, Creating Engineering Training Models, Implementing, Maintaining, and Following up Engineering Systems and Equipment.
Attended Several Courses, Workshops, and Conferences.
- Lecturer, JAMS, November, 2021 to
-Spreading national and marine awareness among students.
-Delivering lectures on the scheduled dates in the majors studied by the lecturer.
– Make the necessary effort to impart knowledge and knowledge to students.
– preparing for lectures for students.
– Preserving and developing academic programs and curricula according to the regulatory requirements.
– Preparing and publishing specialized scientific research.
– Supervising the progress of the students ’study process in the subject taught by the lecturer.
– Submit reports requested in relation to his work.
– To be a good example to other lecturers, employees and students.
– Preserving Arab and Islamic customs
– Work on the progress of academic and administrative work and everything that helps to advance and develop the Academy.
– Providing training courses according to the needs of the department and / or the training department.
– Adhere to the instructions and administrative laws in force in the Academy
- Sales engineer , Petra Engineering Industries Co., April, 2017 to
• Searching for new clients who could benefit from your products in a designated region.
• Travelling to visit potential clients
• Establishing new, and maintaining existing, relationships with customers
• Managing and interpreting customer requirements
• Persuading clients that a product or service will best satisfy their needs
• Calculating client quotations
• Negotiating tender and contract terms
• Negotiating and closing sales by agreeing terms and conditions
• Offering after-sales support services
• Administering client accounts
• Analysing costs and sales
• Preparing reports for head office
• Meeting regular sales targets
• Recording and maintaining client contact data
• Supporting marketing by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
• Making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product will meet client needs
• Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education
• Liaising with other members of the sales team and other technical experts
• Solving client problems
• Helping in the design of custom-made products
• Providing training and producing support material for the sales team
- Electrical project engineer , Development Works Co., October, 2016 to March, 2017
• Nature of Work Related to Medium voltage switchgear 13.8KV, Packaged Sub-stations and RMU, Emergency Generator’s, Network (LAN & ILAN), Fire alarm system (addressable and conventional), IP CCTV, Telephone System (TDC, MDF, ODF …etc.), Public address and Audio/video System, Smoke and Heat vents, and any other related Works.
- Electrical Engineer (ETO) , United Arab Shipping Company (UASC)., April, 2015 to October, 2016
• Control, monitoring, and operating of electrical equipment’s by ICMS (Integrated Control Monitoring System) through RCP (Remote Control Panel) consist of analogue input, analogue output, digital input, digital output cards.
• PGS (Power Generation System) control, monitoring and operating of generators 4.25 MW, main engine, turbo generator 7.2 MW, economizer, auxiliary boiler, SGM (shaft generator motor) 3.8 MW as generator and 4 MW as motor, synchronous condenser motor and other electric equipment’s which are controlled and operated by PLC S7- 300 & 400 modules.
• Inspection and maintenance of step down transformer’s 6.6kV to 440 V and 440 V to 220 V, Motor’s operation, and Electrical panel execute.
• Inspection and maintenance of high voltage and low voltage switchboards (6.6KV and 440V) and Electrical distribution panels.
• Communication troubleshooting, fire alarm system (Smoke, flame and heat detectors), testing and operation of electrical compressors, generators and air conditioning system.
• Inspection and maintenance of navigation equipment’s as GPS , Echo sounder , GMDSS , Gyrocompass, magnetic compass , Radar plant, Radar transponder, ship security alarm system ,and any other related work
- , , December, 2012 to October, 2015
- MSc Candidate in Sustainable Maritime Operations., University of Plymouth, United Kingdom, 2021
- Bachelor’s Degree in (Electrical Engineering), University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan, 2011
- Membership, Jordanian Engineers Association