This course aims to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of bridge safe watch-keeping principles, passage planning and bridge team organization & management. Those successfully completing the course should gain experience in handling ships under various conditions in a simulated environment, which, in effect, will consequently enable them to effectively contribute to the bridge team during ship maneuvering in normal and emergency situations.
– To provide masters and navigating officers awareness and guidance to good operating practices by Regular use of sound and proper procedures to ensure the safety of the ship, its personnel, cargo and protection of the environment.
Officer in charge of navigation watch
Master, Chief Mate, and second officer
– Fill the course registration form.
– Payment of course fees.
1. Attending courses is daily and according to the schedule of each trainee who should adhere to the start time of courses.
2. Please be available in lecture room at least 15 minutes before scheduled time whether the course is virtual or in person.
3. Approved costume while attending is formal or semi-formal costume.
4. Effective participation and sharing of experiences is a must.
5. Full attendance of the course is a must as the lecturer will allow no interruptions or delay during the whole course.
•A desktop/ a laptop/ a smartphone/ any device that can be linked to the internet.
•linking any of the above devices to the internet
•You will be provided with a link for the program or the application to be used to enable you to join lectures.
This course is based on IMO Model Course 1.22. It essentially deals with the principles and practices of passage planning, keeping safe navigational watch, use of bridge resources, and team management and consists of various practical exercises with the use of full mission bridge simulator.
As for general courses fees will be refunded in case of withdrawal before the set date of the course, but in the case of custom-built courses, fees are refundable if cancellation is notified one week before the set date. Otherwise, agreed-upon fees will be chargeable.
Name: Mr. Waleed Saleh
Position: Administration Officer, Training & Research
JAMS Hard Copy Certificate