This course is designed to provide basic electrical skills to those who need to perform electrical maintenance tasks including the safe isolation, replacement, and testing of a range of common electrical devices (motors, generators, switchboards, batteries, etc.) in a safe and effective manner, as long as detecting and identifying faults on an electrical network has been and remains one of the problems facing transport and distribution companies.
The goal of this course is to teach trainees how to reduce electrical equipment downtime, improve overall efficiency and safety, and fix problems they’ve been unable to solve on their own. As well as explain and detail the protections necessary for the protection system used, to achieve the main objective of protecting people and equipment.
This course presents a comprehensive overview of the elements of power distribution systems. It also covers the grounding system. However, reliability and power quality of operations & planning are some of the concerns of the employers in the power distribution field.
Trainees will practically be demonstrating the electrical distribution system on Engine Room Simulator (ERS 5000) to enhance and develop their operation and planning skills.
After completion of this course, the trainee is expected to be aware of the importance of the following:
• Fundamentals of electrical distribution systems and power distribution boards.
• Identify the switching equipment used in power distribution systems.
• Identify system grounding covering distribution and power system.
• Learn the basic structure of electrical switchboards.
• Learn the main electrical devices used for power distribution.
• types, periods of maintenance and repair, and their organization.
• methods of the detection of malfunction of electrical equipment and electrical systems.
• detection of an electric malfunction, location of faults, and measures to prevent damage
• Safety measures for working are appropriate.
• Identify switching equipment and protection.
• Different causes of faults in the power system.
• Ensure continuity of power supply.
• Practical training of electrical distribution system for both low voltage (440 V) and high voltage (6.6KV) on Engine Room Simulator.
•Apply and gain in-depth knowledge on fault analysis in electrical networks and distribution cables covering power systems troubleshooting
•Discuss the basic concepts covering main electric parameters and laws, standards, regulations, and voltages
•Identify the types of faults and their effects as well as differentiate symmetrical faults, unsymmetrical faults, arc characteristics, and symmetrical components
• Explain limiting fault currents and identify the various faults and types of transformers and equipment’s
• Determine system grounding covering generation, transformers, transmission, distribution, and power system
• Illustrate protection and switching equipment tripping devices for circuit breakers, protection devices, technology and instrument transformers
• Employ grading and protection co-ordination, distance and differential protection, transformer protection, generator protection, overhead lines protection, cable protection, motor protection, and miscellaneous protections
• Carryout protection relay management, reclosing practices, and single-phase protective devices
• Perform electrical system restoration and electrical maintenance program
– Electrical supervisors.
– Electrical engineer.
– Send E-Mail to register in the course.
– payment before start the course or transfer money to the JAMS accounts if the course held online.
1. The attendance of the courses is daily and according to the schedule of each trainee and the commitment to the start times of the courses.
2. Please be in the course hall (face or virtual) a quarter of an hour before the start of the course.
3. The approved dress while attending the session is formal or semi-formal.
4 . Active participation and exchange of experiences from everyone.
5 . Attending the entire session without being absent for periods and then returning, as the lecturer will follow the full attendance of the session.
• A desktop/ a laptop/ a smartphone/ any device that can be linked to the internet.
• linking any of the above devices to the internet
• You will be provided with a link for the program or the application to be used to enable you to join lectures.
As for general courses fees will be refunded in case of withdrawal before the set date of the course, but in the case of custom-built courses, fees are refundable if cancellation is notified one week before the set date. Otherwise, agreed-upon fees will be chargeable.
Monday; 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Tuesday; 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Wednesday; 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Thursday; 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
JAMS Hard Copy Certificate