The objective of this course is to train the personnel to make them capable of demonstrating the required minimum standard of competence set out in Table A-VI/3 of STCW ’78 as amended for seafarers who may be designated to control fire-fighting operations.
– Minimize the risk of fire &maintain a state of readiness to respond to emergency situations involving fire.
– Fight and extinguish fire.
• Shipboard fire-fighting organization
• Location of fire-fighting appliances and emergency escape routes.
• The elements of fire and exploration ( the fire triangle)
• Types and sources of ignition.
• Flammable materials, fir hazards and spread of fire.
• Actions to be taken on board ship
• Fire and smoke detection and automatic alarm systems.
• Classification of fire and applicable extinguishing agents.
• Fire-fighting equipment and its location on board.
– Fill the course registration form.
– Payment of course fees.
1. Attending courses is daily and according to the schedule of each trainee who should adhere to the start time of courses.
2. Please be available in lecture room at least 15 minutes before scheduled time whether the course is virtual or in person.
3. Approved costume while attending is formal or semi-formal costume.
4. Effective participation and sharing of experiences is a must.
5. Full attendance of the course is a must as the lecturer will allow no interruptions or delay during the whole course.
•A desktop/ a laptop/ a smartphone/ any device that can be linked to the internet.
•linking any of the above devices to the internet
•You will be provided with a link for the program or the application to be used to enable you to join lectures.
To give all seafarers the education and training in firefighting and fire prevention, particularly focusing on understanding the risk of fire onboard and how to minimize those risks, learning how to fight and extinguish fires as well as search for and recover casualties and learning how to wear firefighting equipment including personal breathing apparatus and safe use of fire extinguishers. Based on IMO Model Courses 1.20
As for general courses fees will be refunded in case of withdrawal before the set date of the course, but in the case of custom-built courses, fees are refundable if cancellation is notified one week before the set date. Otherwise, agreed-upon fees will be chargeable.
Name: Mr. Hamza Abed
Position: Administration Officer, Training & Research
JAMS Hard Copy Certificate