The course is aimed at officers, including passenger ships in coastal navigation, and persons who are to tend radio equipment in smaller ships, pleasure crafts etc. operating exclusively in A-1 waters.
– Transmit and receive information using GMDSS subsystems and equipment and fulfilling the function requirements of GMDSS.
– Provide radio services in emergencies.
second officer as minimum
Master, Chief Mate, second officer
– Fill the course registration form.
– Payment of course fees.
1. Attending courses is daily and according to the schedule of each trainee who should adhere to the start time of courses.
2. Please be available in lecture room at least 15 minutes before scheduled time whether the course is virtual or in person.
3. Approved costume while attending is formal or semi-formal costume.
4. Effective participation and sharing of experiences is a must.
5. Full attendance of the course is a must as the lecturer will allow no interruptions or delay during the whole course.
Requirments of eLearning
•A desktop/ a laptop/ a smartphone/ any device that can be linked to the internet.
•linking any of the above devices to the internet
•You will be provided with a link for the program or the application to be used to enable you to join lectures.
A trainee successfully completing the course and passing the examination will be enabled to efficiently operate the GMDSS equipment, and to have primary responsibility for radio communications during distress incidents in GMDSS area A-1 waters (coasting trade covered by VHF).
Cancellation & Withdrawal Policy
As for general courses fees will be refunded in case of withdrawal before the set date of the course, but in the case of custom-built courses, fees are refundable if cancellation is notified one week before the set date. Otherwise, agreed-upon fees will be chargeable.
Name: Mr. Waleed Saleh
Position: Administration Officer, Training & Research
JAMS Hard Copy Certificate