A high-speed craft (HSC) is a high-speed water vessel for civilian use, also called a fast craft or fast ferry. The first high-speed craft were often hydrofoils or hovercraft, but in the 1990s catamaran and mono hull designs become more popular and large hydrofoils and hovercraft are no longer built. Most high-speed craft serve as passenger ferries, but the largest catamarans and mono hulls also carry cars, buses, large trucks and freight.
The requirements of this course include the following knowledge:
1. Knowledge of the craft’s propulsion and control systems.
2. handling characteristics.
3. communication and navigation procedures.
4. intact stability and survival of the craft.
5. practical drills and training onboard.
6. environmental effect of the HSC.
7. evacuation procedures.
8. Training in Firefighting and CO2 Discharge.
9. any update requirements of HSC Code.
all seafarers on high speed crafts.
– Fill the course registration form.
– Payment of course fees.
1. Attending courses is daily and according to the schedule of each trainee who should adhere to the start time of courses.
2. Please be available in lecture room at least 15 minutes before scheduled time whether the course is virtual or in person.
3. Approved costume while attending is formal or semi-formal costume.
4. Effective participation and sharing of experiences is a must.
5. Full attendance of the course is a must as the lecturer will allow no interruptions or delay during the whole course.
Requirments of eLearning
•A desktop/ a laptop/ a smartphone/ any device that can be linked to the internet.
•linking any of the above devices to the internet
•You will be provided with a link for the program or the application to be used to enable you to join lectures.
The HSC Code applies to high-speed craft engaged on international voyages, including passenger craft which do not proceed for more than four hours at operational speed from a place of refuge when fully laden and cargo craft of 500 gross tonnage and above which do not go more than eight hours from a port of refuge. The Code requires that all passengers are provided with a seat and that no enclosed sleeping berths are provided for passengers.
Cancellation & Withdrawal Policy
As for general courses fees will be refunded in case of withdrawal before the set date of the course, but in the case of custom-built courses, fees are refundable if cancellation is notified one week before the set date. Otherwise, agreed-upon fees will be chargeable.
Name: Mr. Hamza Abed
Position: Administration Officer, Training & Research
JAMS Hard Copy Certificate