Working with high voltage systems is inherently hazardous, and the best defense against incidents is a thorough understanding of safe working practice.
The MTCS courses are applicable to a wide range of marine high voltage systems, and have become the de facto standard for much of the ROV industry.
The course is designed to give personnel a detailed understanding of HV safety, reflecting both industry best practice and current legislation whilst satisfying IMCA R005.
The course can be completed offshore and requires the candidate to research their own systems and procedures. Alternatively, the course may be taken by the candidate in their own time and their own pace.
The course includes a practical assessment that can be completed under supervision, offshore or in a suitably equipped workshop. The practical assessment requires the candidate to conduct an electrical isolation, in accordance with their company procedures.
• International requisites for high voltage knowledge
• Advantages of high voltage system
• Hazards and immediate actions in case of errors.
• Operational jobs.
• High voltage equipment on board ships
• High voltage safety rules
• Secure work procedures
• Protective means.
• Assigning qualified persons for maintenance and repair.
• Testing of High voltage electrical equipment.
• Testing isolation resistance and polarization index.
• Maintenance of High voltage equipment.
• Corrective means in case of errors.
• Replacement actions in maritime safety documents of high voltage.
Third Engineer certificate, as a minimum
Elctro-technical officer certificate
Chief Engineer, 2nd Engineer
– Fill the course registration form.
– Payment of course fees.
1. Attending courses is daily and according to the schedule of each trainee who should adhere to the start time of courses.
2. Please be available in lecture room at least 15 minutes before scheduled time whether the course is virtual or in person.
3. Approved costume while attending is formal or semi-formal costume.
4. Effective participation and sharing of experiences is a must.
5. Full attendance of the course is a must as the lecturer will allow no interruptions or delay during the whole course.
•A desktop/ a laptop/ a smartphone/ any device that can be linked to the internet.
•linking any of the above devices to the internet
•You will be provided with a link for the program or the application to be used to enable you to join lectures.
Competency Training’s High Voltage Awareness introduces a range of concepts relating to high voltage installations, including safety procedures and electrical hazards.
As for general courses fees will be refunded in case of withdrawal before the set date of the course, but in the case of custom-built courses, fees are refundable if cancellation is notified one week before the set date. Otherwise, agreed-upon fees will be chargeable.
Name: Mr. Waleed Saleh
Position: Administration Officer, Training & Research
JAMS Hard Copy Certificate