This model course aims to meet the mandatory minimum standards of competence in personal safety and social responsibilities in accordance with section A-VI/1 of the STCW Code, table A-VI/1-4. The course is designed to prepare new recruits for life on a ship at sea where they will experience a vastly different living and working environment compared to that if they were living and working ashore.
Comply with Emergency Procedures.
Observe safe working practices.
Understand orders and be understood in relation to shipboard duties
• Types of emergency, collision, fire, foundering,…etc.
• Contingency plans for response to emergencies.
• Emergency signals and specific duties allocated to crew members. (Muster list & muster station).
• Value of training and drills.
• Escape routes and internal communication and alarm system.
• Basic environmental protection procedures.
• Importance of maintaining good human and working relationships aboard ship.
• Social responsibilities.
– Fill the course registration form.
– Payment of course fees.
1. Attending courses is daily and according to the schedule of each trainee who should adhere to the start time of courses.
2. Please be available in lecture room at least 15 minutes before scheduled time whether the course is virtual or in person.
3. Approved costume while attending is formal or semi-formal costume.
4. Effective participation and sharing of experiences is a must.
5. Full attendance of the course is a must as the lecturer will allow no interruptions or delay during the whole course.
•A desktop/ a laptop/ a smartphone/ any device that can be linked to the internet.
•linking any of the above devices to the internet
•You will be provided with a link for the program or the application to be used to enable you to join lectures.
This training is intended to ensure that seafarers are aware of the hazards of working on a vessel and can respond appropriately in an emergency.
As for general courses fees will be refunded in case of withdrawal before the set date of the course, but in the case of custom-built courses, fees are refundable if cancellation is notified one week before the set date. Otherwise, agreed-upon fees will be chargeable.
Name: Mr. Hamza Abed
Position: Administration Officer, Training & Research
JAMS Hard Copy Certificate