This course is designed for seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity on board ship on the business of that ship as part ship’s complement, with designated safety or pollution-prevention duties in the operation of the ship shall, before being assigned to any shipboard duties:
a. Receive appropriate approved basic training or instruction in:
• personal survival techniques as set out in table A-VI/1-1
• fire prevention and firefighting as set out in Table A-VI/1-2
• elementary first aid as set out in Table A-VI/1-3;
• personal safety and social responsibilities as set out in Table A-VI /1-4
b. be required to provide evidence of having achieved the required standard of competence to undertake the tasks, duties and responsibilities listed in column 1 of tables A-VI/1-1, A-VI/1-2, A-VI/1-3, and A-VI/1-4 through:
• demonstration of their competence
• examination or continuous assessment as part of an approved training program
Survive at sea in the event of ship abandonment.
– Fill the course registration form.
– Payment of course fees.
1. Attending courses is daily and according to the schedule of each trainee who should adhere to the start time of courses.
2. Please be available in lecture room at least 15 minutes before scheduled time whether the course is virtual or in person.
3. Approved costume while attending is formal or semi-formal costume.
4. Effective participation and sharing of experiences is a must.
5. Full attendance of the course is a must as the lecturer will allow no interruptions or delay during the whole course.
Requirments of eLearning
•A desktop/ a laptop/ a smartphone/ any device that can be linked to the internet.
•linking any of the above devices to the internet
•You will be provided with a link for the program or the application to be used to enable you to join lectures.
This course should be taken by every prospective seafarer in order to meet minimum standards of competence in safety familiarization, basic training and instruction in personal survival techniques. The course is based on the provisions of table A-VI/1-1 of the STCW Code.
Cancellation & Withdrawal Policy
As for general courses fees will be refunded in case of withdrawal before the set date of the course, but in the case of custom-built courses, fees are refundable if cancellation is notified one week before the set date. Otherwise, agreed-upon fees will be chargeable.
Name: Mr. Hamza Abed
Position: Administration Officer, Training & Research
JAMS Hard Copy Certificate