This course provides the participants with comprehensive knowledge to enable them to take on the duties and responsibilities as defined in the international ship and port facility security (ISPS) code.
Practical case studies are used to illustrate possible measures to comply with maritime security requirements.
– To provide training to obtain an internationally recognized qualification as a port facility security officer (PFSO).
• Introduction (describe course objectives and evaluation criteria. Describe the current state of global maritime security).
• Maritime security policies (describe recommended practices and procedures listed in current international and national regulations and policies including ISPS code).
• Security responsibilities (describe and discuss the security responsibilities of the contracting governments, port facility, and ship interface).
• Port facility security assessment & survey (describe a port facility security assessment based on potential threats and risks identified by a risk-based security analysis and an onsite security survey).
• Port facility security plan (describe how to develop and implement a PFSP based on the assessment and comply with ISPS requirements).
• Security actions (discuses actions required at different security levels, maintaining the ship/port facility interface, use of declaration of security, and implementation of security procedure).
• Threat identification, recognition, and response (identify characteristics and behavior patterns of persons likely to threaten security, describe weapons, and describe crowd management).
• Security equipment (describe physical security equipment, systems & maintenance to mitigate security risks).
• Emergency preparedness, drills & exercises (discuss contingency planning, drills and exercises, debriefings, and incident command).
• Security administration (describe how to maintain compliance of the plan with ISPS and other requirements, reporting security incidents, audits, and inspection).
– Port facility security officers.
– Ship Security officers.
-Company security officers.
– Send E-Mail to register in the course.
– payment before starting the course or transfer money to the JAMS accounts if the course held online
1. The attendance of the courses is daily and according to the schedule of each trainee and the commitment to the start times of the courses.
2. Please be in the course hall (face or virtual) a quarter of an hour before the start of the course.
3. The approved dress while attending the session is formal or semi-formal.
4 . Active participation and exchange of experiences from everyone.
5 . Attending the entire session without being absent for periods and then returning, as the lecturer will follow the full attendance of the session.
•A desktop/ a laptop/ a smartphone/ any device that can be linked to the internet.
•linking any of the above devices to the internet
•You will be provided with a link for the program or the application to be used to enable you to join lectures.
As for general courses fees will be refunded in case of withdrawal before the set date of the course, but in the case of custom-built courses, fees are refundable if cancellation is notified one week before the set date. Otherwise, agreed-upon fees will be chargeable.
Monday; 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Tuesday; 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Wednesday; 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Thursday; 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
JAMS Hard Copy Certificate