This model course aims to provide knowledge to those who may be designated to perform the duties and responsibilities of a Ship Security Officer (SSO), as defined in section A-V/5, A-VI-/VI of the STCW and in particular the duties and responsibilities with respect to the security of a ship, for implementing and maintaining a Ship Security Plan and for liaising with the Company Security Officer (CSO) and with Port Facility Security Officers (PFSOs).
On completion of the course (SAMSA accredited) students will be able to understand the Principals and Responsibilities of National and International Requirements of a Ship Security Officer. They would have acquired the skills to Maintain ship security plans, Appreciate security levels, Develop and maintain measures for the control of access to the vessel, Conduct ship security and risk assessments and Implement effective search mechanisms and security control. An anti-piracy section is included in the course. The course is STCW and ISPS Code compliant.
Second officer/ Third Engineer as minimum
Deck and engineering officers
– Fill the course registration form.
– Payment of course fees.
1. Attending courses is daily and according to the schedule of each trainee who should adhere to the start time of courses.
2. Please be available in lecture room at least 15 minutes before scheduled time whether the course is virtual or in person.
3. Approved costume while attending is formal or semi-formal costume.
4. Effective participation and sharing of experiences is a must.
5. Full attendance of the course is a must as the lecturer will allow no interruptions or delay during the whole course.
•A desktop/ a laptop/ a smartphone/ any device that can be linked to the internet.
•linking any of the above devices to the internet
•You will be provided with a link for the program or the application to be used to enable you to join lectures.
It is assumed that those attending this course will be serving seafarers (or other shipboard personnel) and that they are likely to be designated as ship security officer. However, no specific entry requirements are envisaged.
As for general courses fees will be refunded in case of withdrawal before the set date of the course, but in the case of custom-built courses, fees are refundable if cancellation is notified one week before the set date. Otherwise, agreed-upon fees will be chargeable.
Name: Mr. Hamza Abed
Position: Administration Officer, Training & Research
JAMS Hard Copy Certificate