Pumps: Principles, types, classification, differences, losses, construction- materials, maintenance/alignment, selections, performance curves, cavitation & trouble shootings.
On completion of such training course; trainees should be able to do & aware of the following:
• Effectively operate, maintain, select & increase the availability of pumps & systems.
• Provide ability of the in-charge personnel to train workers on dealing with pumps & systems safely & efficiently.
• Helps workers & concerned personnel to enhance methods leading to decrease pump failures & downtime.
• Distinguish types of pumps & imagine practically how their working is, suitable requisitions, installation, maintenance methods.
• Introduction/pumps in practice, definition/function/ principles of operation.
• Classification of pumps, introduction to flow in pipes/fluid properties.
• Governing equations of compressible & incompressible flow
1.Continuity equation. 2. Bernoulli’s Equation.
• Losses in pipes/Reynolds number (RN)/Darcy Equation.
• Change in velocity magnitude (due to area change/bends or elbow)/Loss in valves /Valve Types, Piping System/ and its calculations /Piping system curve.
• Power: input & output power, pump performance curves
• Importance of pipe system curve/understanding the pipe system curve
• Variants in pumping systems, variable static head/variable system resistance
• Centrifugal pump performance, characteristic curves: ideal pump and fluid, Euler’s head-capacity characteristics, loss in a centrifugal pump, real pump, and fluid
• Affinity laws; constant & variable speed (N=const., D=const.), specific speed.
• Modifications to impeller & casing, the effect of fluid viscosity.
• Cavitations: causes, signs, how to minimize, how to prevent the pump from cavitation’s, reduction of cavitation damage, net positive suction head (NPSH).
• Pump selection, starting centrifugal pumps/priming, parallel and series operation.
• Centrifugal pump construction (single & multi-stage): classification, casings, radial thrust impellers, impeller mechanical types, wearing rings, axial thrust, axial thrust in multi-stage pumps, shafts, and shaft sleeves, seals (packing & mechanical), lantern ring.
• Centrifugal pump installation: (foundations, alignment, grouting)
• Centrifugal pump operation: pump preparation for start-up, starting procedure, stopping procedure
• Positive displacement pumps: introduction, some notes on flow and pressure, types of pumps & differences between both types, the principle of operation, performance curves, description of (reciprocating-piston, diaphragm, screw, gear, vane, radial & axial pumps- swash plate…etc.), efficiency: (Mechanical volumetric, and overall efficiency), performance
• Effects of air and other gases on pump life and performance.
– The course is intended for all mechanical sections or departments.
– chief technicians.
– administrators, and technicians whose work is relevant to plants.
– factories& workshops, weather: mechanical/ industrial, electrical, or chemical.
– All those working in performance, operation, maintenance, and administration of plants, establishments, stations& factories.
– All will find the course both useful and interesting.
– Send E-Mail to register in the course.
– payment before starting the course or transfer money to the JAMS accounts if the course held online
1. The attendance of the courses is daily and according to the schedule of each trainee and the commitment to the start times of the courses.
2. Please be in the course hall (face or virtual) a quarter of an hour before the start of the course.
3. The approved dress while attending the session is formal or semi-formal.
4 . Active participation and exchange of experiences from everyone.
5 . Attending the entire session without being absent for periods and then returning, as the lecturer will follow the full attendance of the session.
•A desktop/ a laptop/ a smartphone/ any device that can be linked to the internet.
•linking any of the above devices to the internet
•You will be provided with a link for the program or the application to be used to enable you to join lectures.
As for general courses fees will be refunded in case of withdrawal before the set date of the course, but in the case of custom-built courses, fees are refundable if cancellation is notified one week before the set date. Otherwise, agreed-upon fees will be chargeable.
Name: Mr. Hamza Abed
Position: Administration Officer, Training & Research
Monday; 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Tuesday; 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Wednesday; 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Thursday; 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
JAMS Hard Copy Certificate