The course is essentially practical and consists of a series of exercises performed on radar simulator with two or more own-ships and several others controlled by the instructor and each exercise will be followed by class discussion giving participants the opportunity to analyses the actions taken and discuss possible alternatives.
This course provides students with classroom instruction and simulator training which will, upon successful completion of all assessments, satisfy the requirements for Radar Observer and the Radar training requirements for certification as Officer in Charge of a Navigational Watch on vessels of 500 or more gross tonnage (ITC) and the following practical assessments from the National Assessment Guidelines for STCW Table A-II/1 of the STCW Code, as amended, in 2010 and Table A-II/2 of the STCW Code, as amended, in 2010.
The Radar Observer course is divided into several sections as follow:
• Regulatory process and RADAR regulations including the legal aspect of RADAR as it relates to the Rules of the Road
• History of RADAR – RADAR theory, operation and interpretation of display including examination
• River navigation and collision avoidance on rivers including practical exercises and examinations on RADAR simulator
• Inland RADAR navigation, Stabilized and Un-stabilized displays including using RADAR to fix vessel position including practical exercises and examination
• Collision avoidance including target vessel course/speed change including practical exercises and examination
• Effect of own-ship course/speed change including practical exercises and examination.
Master, Chief Mate
– Fill the course registration form.
– Payment of course fees.
1. Attending courses is daily and according to the schedule of each trainee who should adhere to the start time of courses.
2. Please be available in lecture room at least 15 minutes before scheduled time whether the course is virtual or in person.
3. Approved costume while attending is formal or semi-formal costume.
4. Effective participation and sharing of experiences is a must.
5. Full attendance of the course is a must as the lecturer will allow no interruptions or delay during the whole course.
•A desktop/ a laptop/ a smartphone/ any device that can be linked to the internet.
•linking any of the above devices to the internet
•You will be provided with a link for the program or the application to be used to enable you to join lectures.
This course provides training in the basic theory and use of radar for officers in charge of a navigational watch.
The Reference is: Table A-II/1 and Section B-I/12 of the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping for Seafarers, as amended in 2010 and the STCW Code, as amended including the 2010 amendments.
As for general courses fees will be refunded in case of withdrawal before the set date of the course, but in the case of custom-built courses, fees are refundable if cancellation is notified one week before the set date. Otherwise, agreed-upon fees will be chargeable.
Name: Mr. Waleed Saleh
Position: Administration Officer, Training & Research
JAMS Hard Copy Certificate