The diesel engine is the beating heart of any vessel. Any failure or breakdown in the diesel engine can affect the ship’s operation. Thus, it should be kept in the best condition all the time. This course was obtained to discuss maintenance operations of the diesel engines. Most engine problems can be avoided by following simple steps and practices and taking simple precautions in order to maintain the best performance and avoid any break down during operation.
This course aims to give information about the required maintenance procedures of marine diesel engines in various parts. Moreover, it helps engine operators to carry out the routine maintenance and correctly monitor engine parameters, and to be familiar with all safety devices fitted and their testing.
• Introduction and Objectives of the course.
• Introduction of marine diesel engines.
• Diesel engine principle of operation.
• Marine diesel engine types and configurations.
• 2-stroke and 4-stroke engine cycle.
• Diesel engine construction (parts) and function of each part.
• Marine diesel engine systems (Fuel oil system, Cooling system, lubricating system, starting and reversing systems, Exhaust and scavenge systems).
• Marine diesel engine safety: (Crankcase explosion, Scavenge fire, starting air manifold explosion).
• Marine diesel engine monitoring equipment and safety devices.
• Marine diesel engine performance and power calculation.
• Marine diesel engine power balance.
• Types of maintenance: (Planned maintenance, Predictive maintenance, Break down maintenance).
• Marine diesel engine regular checks: (Crankshaft deflection, Main bearing clearance, Tappet clearance, Scavenge inspection, Crankcase inspection).
• Overhauling of some marine diesel engine parts: (Unit overhaul, Cylinder head arrangement, Fuel pump, Fuel injector).
– Marine engineers
– Technical managers
– Port engineers
– Send E-Mail to register in the course.
– payment before starting the course or transfer money to the JAMS accounts if the course held online
1. The attendance of the courses is daily and according to the schedule of each trainee and the commitment to the start times of the courses.
2. Please be in the course hall (face or virtual) a quarter of an hour before the start of the course.
3. The approved dress while attending the session is formal or semi-formal.
4 . Active participation and exchange of experiences from everyone.
5 . Attending the entire session without being absent for periods and then returning, as the lecturer will follow the full attendance of the session.
•A desktop/ a laptop/ a smartphone/ any device that can be linked to the internet.
•linking any of the above devices to the internet
•You will be provided with a link for the program or the application to be used to enable you to join lectures.
As for general courses fees will be refunded in case of withdrawal before the set date of the course, but in the case of custom-built courses, fees are refundable if cancellation is notified one week before the set date. Otherwise, agreed-upon fees will be chargeable.
Monday; 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Tuesday; 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Wednesday; 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Thursday; 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
JAMS Hard Copy Certificate