The VTS contributes to the safety and efficiency of navigation, the safety of life at sea, and the protection of the marine environment in ports and/or in adjacent shore areas, worksites, and offshore installations from possible adverse effects of maritime traffic. The VTS helps to prevent risk escalation in various situations including vessel collision awareness, groundings, entering of restricted areas, weather, and tidal changes, etc.
The system must be in compliance with the relevant parts of the recommendations of the international organizations (IMO) and IALA as well as the relevant parts of the SOLAS convention. The International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) states that contracting Governments planning and implementing a VTS shall, wherever possible, follow the guidelines developed by the IMO, which also includes professional training as per IALA V-103 standard. The quality of accident prevention measures will depend on the system’s and operator’s capability for detecting a developing dangerous situation and on the ability to give timely warning of such dangers.
To provide learners with introduction knowledge into;
• The purpose of a vessel traffic service (VTS)
• VTS options and development of a solution
• Hardware and software components of VTS
• Principal designated routes and operation areas
• Levels of VTS service (areas of responsibilities)
• Manning, training and management of VTS
By end of the course, learners will also have the ability to understand the decision-making tools incorporated in the system which assisting management with the process in case of emergency, including collision prevention, coordinating search and rescue (SAR) activities, and efforts to prevent or contain marine pollution.
The scheme of work is based on 15hours of lecturing time delivered over 5 sessions, five working days/3hrs lecture time.
-Shipmasters and deck officers, Seafarer.
– Pilots, harbor tug masters, port operators and coast guards, Merchant Navy.
– Employees in the field of marine transport, offshore support, and pilotage ports/harbors administration Non-marine.
– Send E-Mail to register in the course.
– payment before starting the course or transfer money to the JAMS accounts if the course held online
1. The attendance of the courses is daily and according to the schedule of each trainee and the commitment to the start times of the courses.
2. Please be in the course hall (face or virtual) a quarter of an hour before the start of the course.
3. The approved dress while attending the session is formal or semi-formal.
4 . Active participation and exchange of experiences from everyone.
5 . Attending the entire session without being absent for periods and then returning, as the lecturer will follow the full attendance of the session.
Requirments of eLearning
•A desktop/ a laptop/ a smartphone/ any device that can be linked to the internet.
•linking any of the above devices to the internet
•You will be provided with a link for the program or the application to be used to enable you to join lectures.
Cancellation & Withdrawal Policy
As for general courses fees will be refunded in case of withdrawal before the set date of the course, but in the case of custom-built courses, fees are refundable if cancellation is notified one week before the set date. Otherwise, agreed-upon fees will be chargeable.
Monday; 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Tuesday; 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Wednesday; 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Thursday; 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
JAMS Hard Copy Certificate